The German 88 Anti-Aircraft/Anti-Tank Gun T Shirt
The 88 mm gun
(commonly called the eighty-eight
) was a German anti-aircraft and anti-tank artillery gun from World War II. It was widely used by Germany throughout the war, and was one of the most recognized German weapons of that conflict. Development of the original model led to a wide variety of guns.
The name applies to a series of related guns, the first one officially called the 8.8 cm Flak 18
, the improved 8.8 cm Flak 36
, and later the 8.8 cm Flak 37
Flak is a contraction ofGerman Flugzeugabwehrkanone
meaning "aircraft-defense cannon", the original purpose of the eighty-eight.
In English, "flak" became a generic term for ground anti-aircraft fire. In informal German use,
the guns were universally known as the Acht-acht ("eight-eight").
Each Shirt Professionally Screen Printed One-At-A-Time by Me in the USA
Confident. Relaxed. Strong. Comfortable.
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping - provides additional comfort.
- Double-needle-cover seamed neck - keeps the collar from waving.
- Preshrunk jersey knit and double-needle sleeve and bottom hem - helps the shirt holds its shape longer.
- Ring-spun fabric - softer and more durable for better washing and wearing.
- Tear-away label - Get rid of that scratchy label without damaging your T Shirt. No Scissors needed!
Our ring-spinning process makes our fabric softer to the touch, more comfortable to wear, and stronger to enjoy longer.