M1 Garand National Match T Shirt
1953 Advertisement for National Match Shooting
At the time of the M1 rifle’s adoption in 1936, the National Match Model 1903 Springfields reigned supreme on the rifle ranges. Critics of the new-fangled semi-automatic service rifle were convinced that it was not accurate enough to compete with the proven bolt-action match rifles. Some grudgingly admitted that the new rifle might be marginally accurate enough for service use but would never pass muster at Camp Perry and similar venues. As was the case on many other occasions, those who denigrated John Garand’s masterpiece were proven wrong.
While the M1 was designed to be a combat rifle, Garand always had its potential as a match rifle in the back of his mind. This was revealed in an article he authored titled “Grooming the Garand for Perry” in the September 1947 issue of The American Rifleman, in which he gave an interesting glimpse into his thoughts on the subject: “I am confident that [the M1 rifle] is potentially as accurate as any service rifle ever made, and that with the same care that has been bestowed on the 1903 National Match rifles in the past, it can be made to give long-range accuracy that will excel that of any other military arm.”
You can read more about National Match competition history HERE.
Each Shirt Professionally Screen Printed One-At-A-Time by Me in the USA
Keya Brand T Shirts: Confident. Relaxed. Strong. Comfortable.
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping - provides additional comfort.
- Double-needle-cover seamed neck - keeps the collar from waving.
- Preshrunk jersey knit and double-needle sleeve and bottom hem - helps the shirt holds its shape longer.
- Ring-spun fabric - softer and more durable for better washing and wearing.
- Tear-away label - Get rid of that scratchy label without damaging your T Shirt. No Scissors needed!
Our ring-spinning process makes our fabric softer to the touch, more comfortable to wear, and stronger to enjoy longer.